Apr 26, 2013

Why I (have to) use Linux?


Why I (have to) use Linux? The question often asked a lot of people when they see the contents of your desktop or notebook linux flavor MacOSX me. From at least the past 3 years I've been in full using one of the Linux distributions in the workplace or on my acer aspire one at home.


Either to complete the work with Open Office, learn blogging with Journal drivel and just have fun like chat with Pidgin,, maen 3D games, going around pilem with VLC, watch tv online, or listen to music with Rythmbox pirated. In short, any windows application in which I need a replacement in existing applications linux.
I often reply that they convey to the above question is:



Free - Because of its open source, linux distros are free, I do not need anymore mamakai illicit pirated goods because I can not afford to buy a license. so that I can work in peace without fear of sin as stealing other people's rights.


Complete - Since I've been able to get all I need in sopwer linux. once installed a linux distro, all of my computing needs can be met, without the need to bother looking for hardware and driver2 find crack for sopwer illicit pirated. arguably, anything that you use in sopwer winshit, there is always the equivalent in linux.

Stable - Because Linux is very stable, does not have to commute press the magic button (reset) because the computer hangs, hangs on linux machine incident was an extraordinary event, very rare, even linux server in my office, already 3 years old never restart though, the road 24 hours a day nonstop. not like winshit yng certainly if we hang too much load aplikasi2. In addition, do not need to waste time to diligently perform defragmenting, cleaning the registry and the file systems lain2 tetep normal.

Secure - Because it is relatively free linux viruses, trojans, malware etc., so I do not have to always be alert to the hal2 serangan2. also do not need to remember to always apdet antivirus.

Community - Community Linux users is remarkable. eg I had a technical problem related to ubuntu desktop or server, I lived threw the matter to the community mailing list. in a matter of hours, usually my problem resolved. Compare with winshit, you try to send an email to mikocok of technical issues that you face, let me know if you get a satisfactory response.

Answer2 above is standard Answer2 I have frequently mentioned the beginner or orang2 yet or are new to linux. There are others who seem to alasan2 can only be understood by linuxer or inul big fan of linux, for example:

Open Source Based - the point is this linux OS developed by programmer2 mutual aid around the world without economic motive. So of course I have more confidence in the OS which is developed by a community of users who concern and idealistic, drpada OS developed by a company that jelas2 economically motivated, which aims to make profits as much as possible.

Total Control - Linux allows us to fully control our computing activities. Have you ever had an application hangs in winshit and we try to close the application without having to restart the computer because at the same time we have not had a chance to save the results of our work on other applications that work together? sometimes successfully, sometimes we can not do apa2 except restart. This will not happen in linux, suppose an application hangs, will not affect other applications that road together.

Personalized - The face and appearance we can custom linux machines at will, according to our needs. even if we are able, we can completely redesign the look and content of our desktop, or in short, we can make a version of our own linux distro.

Fun - ngoprek very enjoyable linux, linux makes me a lot to learn. For me, it is a challenge to improve if the hardware has not been running as a normal linux machine. in winshit? if we do not find a hardware driver, hardware mangkraklah it, no we can do.
That was just some of my reasons, kanapa tetep until now I still use Linux for all my computing needs. might anyone have any objections or other reasons,

0 comments:

Post a Comment